10 April 2005

Tee hee hee.

Yeah, so I just took a crazy step. One I'm not entirely sure I'm comfortable sharing with the world at large, since I don't know how many of you know my dirty little secrets.

I just completely deleted all of my memberships and profiles in websites (actually, there were really only two) where a -- how do we put it? -- sexually active gay man can go to find... release.

I've just been finding that, as a method of meeting people, even just for getting laid, the online world is just woefully, woefully underwhelming. Disappointing. Lame.

And being rejected by the motley collection of losers and entirely-too- trusting-of-their-own-hype "hotties" is just no way to make any sort of connection with someone.

So I've broken the bonds.

Of course, this leaves me with an overriding question. What am I going to do with all the time and energy I put into the fruitless search for personal connections through better sex?

Guess I'll have to get out more.



Today was the most glorious day I've seen in quite some time. It helps that I was forced to get out and enjoy it, having made plans with my friend Chris from gay.com (yes, one of the sites mentioned above) to bike around Prospect Park. He's in the neighborhood this weekend dogsitting for a friend of his, so we made plans to meet around noon and bike the park loop.

I wish I could say that we went around the park an endless number of times, but I have to report, my dear friends, that your friend Joe is woefully out of shape. I made it once -- allow me to reiterate -- once around the loop and had to rest. I was embarassed, since Chris was the friend with whom I did the 30-mile bike loop around Jamaica Bay last year. Alas. I suck.

I was under the impression that the loop around Propsect Park Drive was 1 mile, but when I got home I looked it up and discovered that it's actually 3.35 miles. So with the ride to the park, the ride around the park, and the ride back, I ended up doing about six miles. Not as embarassing as it could have been, but still.

So, for your viewing pleasure, a couple shots from today:


No comments: