28 August 2005

No Pain, No Gain.

One of the things you often discover in theater is that, when technical elements are added and the last of the props and set pieces have finally arrived, things don't always go according to plan.

At our tech rehearsal on Saturday, as frustrations mounted and tension increased (both accepted inevitabilities during twelve hours of rushing to get things done and then standing around waiting for things to get done), someone acted without thinking and ran over my foot with a large stair unit.

Check it out:



It's not often I jump up and down and scream curse words like a banshee, but this was one of those occasions. I curse every one and thing in my sight to the tenth generation.

I'll be fine, once the nail grows out enough for the cracked-off portion to fall off. I'm just grateful it didn't get ripped off outright. It actually doesn't look too bad... the photo was taken, of course, after the caked on blood was cleared away and it was cleaned.

All in all, it's just another reminder of the wisdom of thinking first, and acting afterward. In cases where someone's not trying to kill you, that is.

No comments: