07 September 2005

Where Care Lodges

This is how I know I'm getting old:

Care keeps his watch in every old man's eye,
And where care lodges, sleep will never lie;
But where unbruised youth with unstuff'd brain
Doth couch his limbs, there golden sleep doth reign
Wm. Shakespeare
Romeo & Juliet
Act 2, Scene 3



Why hasn't anyone told me about the Canadian TV series "Slings & Arrows?"

It's playing on The Sundance Channel, and I'm completely in love with it. It happens that a couple of actors that I love, Rachel McAdams and Luke Kirby, did the show before they were famous. Not, actually, that Luke Kirby is famous -- he was in Mambo Italiano last year -- but Rachel McAdams went on to do The Notebook and other big hollywood films.

It's about the backstage craziness at a Canadian theater festival -- and I have it on good authority that it's a satire of the famous Shaw Festival. A Canadian friend who's worked at the festival suggests it's pretty dead on.

In any case, it's hilarious, and you should check it out while it's still on the Sundance Channel in the US.

No comments: