05 October 2005

Aspiring Luddite

The last couple of days have left me believing that perhaps the Universe doesn't want me to be too connected to the internets.

I got home from a lovely afternoon of shooting photos of my dear friend Topher to discover that my computer is on the fritz again. I want to kill someone. Or wanted. I'm a little more Zen about it now.Since I've got absolutely no money and can't even begin to think about taking it somwhere to get it fixed, there's not a whole lot of point in freaking out about it. This, however, has rarely stopped me in the past.Anyway, I'm trying to focus on other things.

I had an absolutely lovely afternoon after work yesterday, walking around Central Park with Topher and forcing him to be my portraitist guinea pig.

He's a really good sport -- though one who's not afraid to let you know how much he loathes having his picture taken -- and I took over 250 shots of him in various places around the park. I think we got some really good ones. He'll, of course, disagree when he sees them, but that's okay; he's rough on himself. You'll note that I'm not posting any of the pics here. He'd kill me. Dead.

Not having my own computer to download them to is going to be a bit of a pain in the ass, but I'll figure something out. It's ironic and funny to me that I spent all that time saving and researching digital cameras, only to have my laptop frag out on me twice in one year. It is, unfortunately, an essential part of the process of digital photography.

No comments: