30 November 2005

No No No.

Today as I got off the subway on my way to work, the usual vendor was standing there handing out the free Metro NY newspaper. He tried to hand one to this fellow with Downs Syndrome who was passing by, and the DS guy shook his head no and wagged a finger at him in warning, as if to say, "No, you bad man! Don't try to give me your dumb Newspaper Lite! Stop invading my personal space and intruding on my inner monologue!" DS guy then wandered away and stopped to look around, confused, before settling on a course of action and storming off.

I agree with him. But then again, I could be projecting.


I went to Total Wine Bar on Monday evening after work, since I'd not seen my friends since the night before Thanksgiving. Mikee and Beth were bartending, and I met the most amazing group of people there -- most of them new to me. There were Dorian & Pascal, two French guys who are either new to the neighborhood or will be moving to the neighborhood... I was unclear. And I met Elizabeth, an Irish writer with whom I discussed theater and Irish playwrights for a lot longer than I'd intended to stay. I forced the crowd to pose for a picture.




I'm not sure, but I think I may have just found heaven.

No comments: