27 October 2006

Oy!

Your friend Joe isn't the brightest bulb in the pack, my friends.

Picture this scenario:

My home computer's been dead for a while, and thankfully I'm going to be making a little more money at the day gig, so that'll be diagnosed and fixed soon enough. But in the meantime, I've been storing thoughts and blog entries and pictures on my iPod, so I could take them with me and work on whatever computer's available.

All of this is well and good until the iPod starts acting up; it's not acknowledging my attempts to shut it down, certain videos are freezing and shutting it down. That kinda thing.

What's an iPod owner to do? Why, he should connect it to his computer, fire up the iTunes, and click on the "restore" button, right? Right!

Only problem is, he should move any files he doesn't want over-written first.

And that, my friends, is the story of how I lost a week's worth of blog entries. And a check register. Poop!

No comments: