07 October 2007

The Subculture.

So, apparently, from, like, 5 a.m. to 9 a.m. on any given day, you're allowed to let your dog off the leash in Prospect Park.

The Elf and Sunshine actually clued me into this, and introduced Atticus and me to the assorted folks who take advantage of this little boon.

So, painfully early on Saturday morning, we gathered our little gaggle of dogs and walked to the park.

It's a little bit amazing to me how many people congregate on the Long Meadow to let their dogs run wild. There had to be almost a hundred people scattered over the Long Meadow, all with one or two dogs. It was like a big social gathering.

Atticus had such a good time getting to know all the other Brooklyn dogs, we went back again on Sunday morning, and this time I took my camera.










The folks who congregate there are really quite cool, at least those I've met. And their dogs are, to a man (so to speak), adorable. The best part is that just as Atticus is being forced to meet all sorts of new "people," so am I.

No comments: