20 June 2010

Obsession du Jour: The Decemberists' The Perfect Crime #2

Every once in a while, I'll go all OCD on your ass and listen to a single track from an album over and over and over and over again.

I think The Pants has caught me at this on more than one occasion.

Intrepid entrepreneur that he is, he's off pet-sitting a neighborhood dog this weekend, so I've been "batching" it (and, oh, yeah, I don't make such a great bachelor, bee tee dubs). Yesterday, I did The Barkeep a solid and took some promotional shots for the bar.

After completing that assignment, I decided to hop a train into Manhattan and wander around midtown as night fell; I've wanted for a long time to do some HDR shots of dusk buildings in midtown and the Empire State Building in particular. More of those to come.

Way too late to make a long story short, but the point of this story was this: After finishing, I came home and started updating the Project 365 entries from the last couple days, tweaking some of the bar photos, and processing some of the HDR shots from my midtown excursion. All of which means I spent, probably, two or three hours at the computer Saturday night.

And the whole time I listened to The Decemberists' The Perfect Crime #2 on repeat.

Insane, I know, that I could listen to a single song for so long and not end up hating it. You want to know what's worse, though?

I still don't know all the lyrics.


No comments: