26 June 2011

Lordie.

Friday's historic events kinda left me in the mood to celebrate Pride this year, even though I've been kinda worn down and apathetic about... well, pretty much everything.

I got up rather early (for me) on Sunday and got a boatload of chore-like housekeeping stuff done, then headed off to Manhattan to meet up with Topher, with whom I took in the wonder that is the West Village during the Heritage of Pride March and Pride Fest.

I found the mood of the place rather placid, or, rather, no more raucous than it had been in years past, despite the stunning and heartwarming victory the community had scored in the legislature just two days before. And even though I'd carried my camera around for most of the day, I didn't really capture many great photos. But I did capture this.


No comments: