19 March 2002

Time's Ungentle Arrow.

My God, but Time, she is a fickle bitch!

You know the old saying, "A watched pot never boils?" Well, I'm here to tell you that a watched clock never moves, either.

I didn't get much sleep last night, and I was in no mood to be at work today, which made the experience torturous enough. On top of that, every time I looked at my watch (which, granted, was probably every five minutes) it seemed like only a few moments had passed since the last time I'd looked.

Einstein had it right, man. Everything's relative. Especially time. I usually hate those fucking forwarded crap e-mail things like "don't realize the value of a second? ask the Olympic athlete in fourth place" or whatever, but that shit came home righteously today.

And all I can say is, "Happy St. Joseph's day." Let's hear it for my patron saint.
Good Question for the day:

"What for you bury me in the cold, cold ground?"
- Tasmanian Devil to Bugs Bunny

No comments: