15 May 2005

Liquored Up!

I'm beginning to think that maybe the best time to blog is when I'm completely snockered. As I am right now. There's less filtering of what I'm thinking -- something that's grown over the last few years. The idea that what's not politic might not be the best thing to write.

The upshot of which is that I'm snockered and I'm blogging.

Here's the thing: I'm looking back, halfway through a weekend that's not yet done, and thinking to myself that what could be a really depressing weekend is -- on balance - a bit of a kickass experience.

How so, you're asking yourself?

Attend:

Last night I was nigh unto obsessive about the guy I blogged about -- he of the multiple sightings since my return to The 'Burgh.

But here's the thing: Last night, the Asylum Street Spankers came to town, and I dragged the Lagemæ and Patti along with me to see them. They -- in a word - rocked! It was a great show, only marred by the fact that it was the second time I saw The Guy™. Still, I got to see one of my favorite bands, along with some of my favorite people, and that's just kick-ass fine.

Tonight, Patti and I went to see the Pittsburgh Symphony*, and afterward went to Tuscany, where I saw a fellow who -- over the last couple years -- I've sorta debated whether or not it'd be a good idea to ask out, only to discover that he's got a boyfriend, a step son, and an adopted son! Needless, to say, I need to let that one pass.

But the discovery that this guy I'd sorta crushed on was no longer available somehow seemed to embolden me, so I followed the prompting of a friend and decided to start chatting up this other cute guy I'd seen at Tuscany a couple times before, only to discover that he is, in fact, a straight guy with a lot of gay friends who hangs out there and likes to flirt with the gay guys.

Still, I'm giving myself a ton of credit for deciding to engage the guy in coversation at all!

Anywho, I ended up chatting -- through the good graces of my dear friend Lissa -- with this really charming guy who turned out to be a -- of all things -- gynocologist.

You can only imagine where that conversation led.

The upshot of all of this is that the Old Joe would have considered a night in which I chatted up 3 guys and went home alone a total failure, but I'm actually elated to have had the experiences, the conversations, and the cameraderie that I'm walking away with.

In the end, what more can you ask for?


*Remind me sometime to tell you about my thoughts on the works of John Adams (the composer, not the Founding Father).

No comments: